Creative Dreams Publishing (UK)
Creative Dreams Publishing (UK) is an imprint (and the book publishing side) of World of Creative Dreams. We mainly specialise in non-fiction history books and photo-books about Liverpool.
We work a bit differently to other publishers in that we are a cross between a traditional publisher and self-publisher. You could say we are a partnership publisher.
The traditional aspect is that not all books are accepted for publication. We are not a vanity publisher publishing everything under the sun regardless of quality or genre. Books that are accepted are designed, proofread and produced to the highest of standards and saleable quality. Books are supplied with our Creative Dreams imprint, ISBN number and barcode. Authors receive royalties (rather than an advance).
The self-publishing aspect is that authors are charged a fee for our services. Authors do not need to spend time trying to find different people or companies who do different things, our services are all inclusive of the following:
- Professional book set-up (origination) consists of:
- Full book cover design for print (and includes a complimentary digital front cover version)
- Interior layout formatting and design
- Making sure pictures are set to the correct resolution quality and print specifications
- Supplying our imprint ISBN number and barcode
- We create print ready files for the printer.
- Premium marketing services See the FAQ further down for more in-depth information.
- Printing We only partner with printers that match our level of quality. This means using quality materials and producing high quality print.
Traditional publishers may offer very little help when it comes to marketing after the initial publication, and self-publishers have to do all the marketing themselves. Here at Creative Dreams we work together with you (the author) as a partnership and help as much as we can when it comes to marketing your books; from channels of distribution to marketing materials and beyond.
We strive to work with you to produce high quality books your audience will enjoy reading. You can have a say when it comes to the production of the book, we can compromise up to a certain extent, however as a publisher we will have final say when it comes to the final quality of production. You are paying for our skills and expertise after all.
For authors who prefer to go down the self-publishing route sorting out their own ISBNs, marketing, printing etc, we do offer a design and printing service. Visit the ‘Design and Print’ section to find out more.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines:
- Contact us first and tell us about your book project and to find out if we are currently accepting submissions.
- We prefer to accept suitable manuscripts for books that are under 200 pages. Be mainly in black and white with minimal coloured pictures. The book covers we create can be in colour so you can provide coloured images for that if you wish. We mainly use pictures from the interior of the book to create book covers.
- Set your manuscript up in word (text and images). It allows us to see what your book is about to see if it's something we would accept for our publishing house. Should your manuscript be accepted, we can use the word file to import the text into our own design software for layout editing. Images would need to be sent separately, but this is something we will discuss with you.
How will my book be sold?
Books will be sold in various bookshops such as Waterstones and online on places like our Creative Dreams bookshop and Amazon UK.
We also send out copies to the legal deposits that's required by UK law.
Do you help with marketing?
Yes, our premium marketing service comes with every book project we publish under our own imprint.
- We liaise with bookstores on a regular basis making sure they have enough stock of your book.
- We create digital and printed materials and digital info packs about your book for our book suppliers and customers.
- We create and display website and social media artwork and post on our social media informing people about your book as well as implementing paid advertising campaigns (this is done at various times throughout the year).
- We also work with partner media companies such as radio stations.
Aside from the marketing we do, an optional bespoke marketing service is available and is tailored to you.
For example, you might want your own author website setting up, or you may want digital banners advertising your book on your own social media pages, or you might need leaflets and posters designed and printed for the events you are taking part in. Feel free to discuss your needs with us.
How much will it cost?
Taking into account the value you receive - from our premium marketing services and our time dedicated to your book to ensure it is produced to the highest of quality, costs start from £2,500 (excludes printing costs).
Book set-up cost vs book printing cost
Please keep in mind the book set-up cost is separate from the book printing cost.
Book set-up costs are calculated at the beginning whereas book printing costs can only be calculated at the end as the book would need to be in it's final stage to see the exact number of pages, amount of colour, quantity required to be printed etc.
Beyond the first year of our premium marketing service, if you would like for us to continue on the marketing for you, we have a monthly marketing subscription service you can apply for. It costs £50 a month.
Do I have to order books in bulk?
No not at all. After the first initial order (minimum quantity is from 100) you can re-order however many books you want.
Will my book be a guaranteed success? (*Looks hopeful*)
No. The tricky thing about book publishing is that you never know if a book will be successful or not. Some books don't do well and sell few copies, then there will be those which do do very well and sell a lot. It is the market interest that determines the success of a book.
It is best not to go into book publishing expecting to become rich and the next bestseller (we're talking J.K. Rowling proportions here!). Write and publish because it's something you enjoy doing; something your audience will enjoy reading. Invest in your creativity and if you are one of the lucky ones who does happen to become big, then congratulations!
Do you publish both ebooks and hard copy books?
Currently only hard copy books are published. Our ebooks are mainly just the first chapter of a book we publish as an online free read.
I have a question not mentioned above!
If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch.